Friday, May 11, 2007

"Wogurt!"

My conversations with Ally lately have changed considerably. She now has her own opinions, ideas, likes and dislikes, she knows more what she wants or doesn't want, and will voice it in no uncertain terms! Our breakfast conversation this morning went something like this:

Me: Ally, do you want cereal for breakfast?
Ally: No.
Me: Do you want oatmeal?
Ally: No.
Me: How about a banana?
Ally: No.
Me: Toast?
Ally: No.
Me: Well, what are you going to eat for breakfast??
Ally: (matter-of-factly) Wogurt!

Now, I'll be honest. I didn't think we were going anywhere. A month ago, she would have been telling me "No" just for the heck of it! The word was her very first, and still is a VERY big part of her vocabulary! But she knew all along that she wanted yogurt, and she was holding out until I gave her the chance to tell me! Here's to our growing, very opinionated little girl!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Ally loves her wogurt!! She has the sweetest little voice and just talks up a storm. I can finally understand most of what she says. We had fun today painting and reading books. She is so much fun and a joy to be around. I love my Ally baby!! Grammy