Sunday, July 15, 2007

No Way!!

The child ate a vegetable! More than once! Last week was the first time. And two times since, Ally has asked for a baby carrot when I offered them to Emma! This is huge. I can count on one hand the number of vegetables that have passed her lips since she began eating table food. And I don't mean the variety of vegetables. I mean the number of vegetables. Four green beans, to be exact. Yes, I have voiced concern at each and every dr. visit, which was never matched by the Ped. She eats good fruits, and grains, they would always say. Maybe a multi-vitamin?
Anyway, I am beyond excited about this. I have also discovered that she'll try one bite of almost anything (or a lick, at least) if it's dipped in Ranch dressing. She even ate a half a catfish fillet (much to her Daddy's delight, seeing how he caught it!) once it was slathered with the stuff. Hey, growing up in Texas, it was only a matter of time till she caught wind of this fancy and very versatile dipping sauce. Oh boy, may more delicious discoveries come!!

1 comment:

Mihills Family Blog said...

I'm glad to hear there's another child who doesn't eat vegetables. The only veggie Andy will eat (and it's really a carb) is corn. He absolutely refuses to try anything that doesn't look like dessert! ha

Debbie

PS
I really enjoy your blog!!