Sunday, July 15, 2007

SIngle Moms Everywhere.....

how do you do it??? DH is working 14 hour days, 7 days a week right now. And I almost feel like a single mom! He kisses me "bye" in the morning, and we have about 30 min. of wind down time at night before he crashes. The poor guy, wouldn't have it this way, of course, if it were up to him. But in his line of work, you take the work when it comes, because there will come a time, when it stops.

And man, is the work coming in. His regular regimen of 6 days a week has now been upped to 7 the past few weeks. He does not get home in time to see the girls to bed, but every few days gets to see Ally before he heads out. Last Thursday I kept E&A up till 10 just so they could have 45 minutes with their Daddy!

The two munchkins have been playing together for about 15 minutes now. This is something relatively new. Emma rarely has the patients to "train" Ally in her preferred ways of play. And Ally rarely has the attention span to "get it". I don't even know what they're playing right now, and I don't care!! There are no screams, no harsh words, no running to tattle (sweet Miss A has picked up on this lately...). I dare not interrupt in fear of breaking whatever rhythm they've got going. I actually think Emma has figured out that she has someone to boss around, and she's taking full advantage of it! This whole time, I have not heard a peep out of Ally, but endless orders from Big Sis! Oh, the joys to come!!!

No comments: