Friday, May 23, 2008

Breathe....

Ahhh....things are slowing down. A little. In the last 2 weeks, I have had 3 programs at the preschool, plus a graduation ceremony, 2 afternoons at the Sprinkler Park, 4 playdates for Miss A, and two for Miss E, one trip to Gattiland, one Petting Zoo and a Splash Day at the preschool, a conference and a Field Day at E's school....oh yeah-a flight to Colorado and a quick drive back....a softball game tonight....and all topped off with a much desired (and deserved!) girls night. Are we done yet?? :)

E has two more weeks of school. During which I'm determined to pull off a top of the charts graduation ceremony. If I have to hold it in the back yard.
We can add this to my previous "Vent" post: there is no Kindergarten graduation cermony at E's school. Nope. A quick "Awards Ceremony" where the kids all line up across the stage in the gym (along with the pre-K group) and each get a certificate of completion for the year.
I'm meeting with the principal on Thursday to basically see what I can get away with before the end of the year. I already have a gift in mind for the kids to have as a memory from this year (and I've cleared this with the teacher)-I'm already scripting out a little ceremony in my head. I know which book I want read. And a poem....By golly, I'll make it happen!

btw-I do have pictures of all of our events from the past couple of weeks. That's the only way I was able to remember it all!! I may do a slide show, of sorts, to share it all. Check back soon!

No comments: