Friday, September 4, 2009

She is going to kill me, but....

I have to blog this!
Here is Emma's first "real" graded paper:



She brought it home with a couple others (one math page w/an 86%), and asked me, "what does that mean, Mama? Is that a B?"

I wish I had a picture of her face when I told her it (the above) was a "C"! Wooaaah...she was NOT happy! We had the big talk about 2nd grade being very different than 1st, and that she has plenty of time to make up for this grade. And not to worry about it, but just be more careful next time, take her time (notice 4 of the 6 mistakes are on the last 4 sentences), it's not a big deal....BUT, I ended with, "I better not see a "C" on your report card!!" Ha!
I'm kidding really-I was the one trying to cheer her up. I don't think I have to worry about tough love when it comes to grades. She really was upset all on her own!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol not funny bitCH