Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Summer To Do List!

My life is full of lists...I list what I'd like to make for dinner next week, what activities we have coming up, what food items we are currently in need of, wish lists, chore lists, to do lists, bills and budget lists, etc. etc.

Thanks to a tip from friend M, I found a new list, that I love! My Summer To Do List.
M stumbled across this list on one of my new favorite sites, Crumbs In My Couch. I love this mom's ideas and approach to hands on learning!

So, I've decided to start my own list. Better late than never! Mine will include things we have done this summer that I would like to do again next year, things we didn't get to do this summer that I want to put in plans for next year, and ideas that I've found from other moms blogs that I love and want to try. It will include ideas from as small as an at home craft to as big as a (small) family vacation!
(and I got a head start and took a lot from the 'Crumbs' Mom. Why not?!)Enjoy!

The Keas Kid's Summer To Do List!

1. Build a sand castle
2. Have a picnic
3. Run in the sprinklers
4. Body paint (kind of like finger paint gone wild!)
5. Plant flowers
6. Hike to the dinosaur tracks
7. Lay in the grass and find shapes in the clouds
8. Make smores by campfire
9. Make a nature box
10. Make an ice treasure
11. Make homemade ice cream
12. and homemade Popsicles!
13. Go to the Zoo
14. Blow BIG bubbles!
15. Play hide and seek at night with flashlights
16. Make a treasure map and hunt for treasure
17. Play hopscotch
18. Go to an amusement/water park
19. Go camping!
20. Paint the fence
21. Have a snow day
22. Jump on the tramp w/sprinkler under!
23. Visit the Children's Art Park
24. Attend free movies!
25. Make a fort and sleep in it!
26. Make our own stepping stone
27. Go to the Botanical Gardens
28. Ride the Zilker Zephyr
29. See a play or musical
30. Fly a kite
31. Take a listening walk

...more to come...this is a good start for just banging out ideas. We'll see how much I can cross off in the next week! Some we've already done, of course!

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I'm in for the amusement/water park and camping...wore me out just reading the list! Love, Grammy