Friday, September 5, 2008

Boys 'N Girls

After our playdate today, Miss A and I headed for Sonic. I figured I would treat her to a special lunch since this is actually her first free day w/just me. She has been SUCH a trooper during the last few busy, busy weeks.
Anyway-her lunch of choice: Grilled cheese and a vanilla shake. On the way she realizes that buddy Lil' J's van is right in front of us-and they also pull in for some lunch. She asks that we park next to them, and then asks me, "Is J going to get a boy cheese?"
It took me a minute, but I got it. She pronounces the sandwhich "gIRl cheese". Get it? BOY cheese? Ha!

And the other day, I was in her room, straightening up, and realized she had been very quiet for some time. Afraid that she was asleep, I called out to her and asked what she was doing. Her answer:

"Just counting my toes!" ????

One more quicky (sorry, I've been such a bad blogger lately. I went through this at the beginning of the school year last year too).
Miss E got a special package in the mail from her Aunt M and Uncle S. It had a brand new Hannah Montanna pen, some special pencils and erasers, and a new pair of scissors. She took off with the pen and said she was going to her room to make a list of very important things. Little did I know it was for me!
Here's my list of very important things (her words)to do every day:

1. Be Fashionable!
2. Be Punctual!
3. Be like a Princess and shop for fashion!

Okaaaaay!

And my last thought, very random....my title to this post reminds me of an interesting nursery rhyme from one of our books.

Boys and girls come out to play,
The moon doth shine as bright as day.
Leave your supper and leave your sleep,
And join your playfellows in the street.

Huh?

1 comment:

Grammy said...

That is the cutest thing I ever heard...girl and boy cheeses!!! LOL
Those girls never cease to amaze me! And Miss E's list for you is priceless!!! She is all girl! Boy are we in trouble over the shopping/fashion thing! Love, Grammy