Monday, September 8, 2008

Jackson Pollock

"When I am in my painting, I'm not aware of what I'm doing. It's only after a sort of "get acquainted" period that I see what I have been about. I have no fears about making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own."

I came across this quote and fell in love with it. And his work holds true. Miss A and I attended a Jackson Pollock playdate last Friday. She had fun-she didn't get into it as much as some of the boys....I'm sensing some anger issue brewing with a couple of those. LOL! Just kidding, Mommas. It was neat to see the kids really enjoy making art out of a mess!

Here are some pics I got. Oh-how smart do I need to be to realize I shouldn't have stood behind the paper/in front of the arteest?? I left there with my own personal body art! Some on my neck...some on my arm...my shirt...Ha! :)






1 comment:

Grammy said...

I am so glad that you framed Miss A's work of art. It looks awesome in the play room! You can tell she was really working at her masterpiece! Love, Grammy