Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Patch

We loaded up on Thursday and headed out for Sweetberry Farms in Marble Falls. We have done the pumpkin patch here several times, but for some reason, only once before have made it out for strawberry picking.
My main memory from the last time is hearing Ally from across the rows, yelling, "Puuuullll!" She was about 2 1/2, I guess?

This time the phrase of the day was,

"I found one, Mama! I got one! Come look! I found a good one! I got a good one!"

Each girl picked about a pound apiece (say that 5 times fast!), and we had SO much fun. I didn't have to tag behind either of them this time. Even Ally really got it-she'd see a nice red one, then turn it over and say, "nope, still some white there!", and move on.

We had no agenda, no schedule, we just took our time, and enjoyed a beautiful day in a strawberry patch. Does it get any better?

We did have to hunt a little bit. It was Spring Break after all. It was the busiest I've ever seen the place, but we still have rows and rows to ourselves. There is definitely a lot of room to roam.
I would LOVE to go back in a few days and snatch up the hundreds of berries that will be ready this week. Man, it was so hard to pass up all of the 'almost ready' ones!

We picked (or 'patched'...Ally kept telling everyone she went "strawberry patching!"), then visited with the animals, then broke for our pack lunch (and had some bee issues and low-sugar moments from Miss E), then picked some more.
Topped the visit off with some nice homemade ice cream and called it a day!

Grammy tagged along on this trip. I heard she made some jam with her batch. Yum! We polished ours of in a couple of days alongside some French Toast and Belgian waffles!

It was a wonderful trip! Here are some pics-I wish I could include them all!





1 comment:

Mrs. Bailey said...

oh my gosh, what a fun day! i wanted to take the girls, but was scared to brave it by myself . . . looks like a great trip! :)